During registration of Opportunities, you may encounter some field which require your Post Code. This is used to identify your geographical location to make sure you are within their coverage. So what is a Postcode?
A post/ postal code (also known locally in various English-speaking countries throughout the world as a postcode, post code, Eircode, PIN Code or ZIP Code) is a series of letters and/or digits, sometimes including spaces or punctuation, included in a postal address for the purpose of sorting mail.
There are a number of synonyms for postal code; some are country-specific. For example,
- Postal code: The general term is used in Canada.
- Postcode: This solid compound is popular in many English-speaking countries and is also the standard term in The Netherlands.
- Eircode: The standard term in Ireland.
- CAP: The standard term in Italy; CAP is an acronym for Codice di Avviamento Postale (Postal Expedition Code).
- CEP:The standard term in Brazil; CEP is an acronym for Código de Endereçamento Postal (Postal Addressing Code).
- PIN code / Pincode: The standard term in India; PIN is an acronym for Postal Index Number.
- PLZ: The standard term in Germany, Austria and Switzerland; PLZ is an abbreviation of Postleitzahl (Postal code).
- ZIP code: The standard term in the United States and the Philippines; ZIP is an acronym for Zone Improvement Plan.